Fully Booked Book Grab Contest 2010
Submitted by noid on July 10, 2010 - 4:02am. Contest
07/15/2010 - 12:00am
07/15/2010 - 11:59pm
Five (5) lucky contestants will be given the chance to race inside the store and grab as many books as they want!
- The Book Grab contest is open to participants ages 13 and above. For applicants aged 18 and below, the application form must be duly signed by a parent or a legal guardian.
- For a chance to win one (1) of five (5) slots in the Book Grab race on July 24, 2010, customers must submit a creative entry in any of the following formats:
- Video - 1-2 minutes in AVI or MPEG format
- Poem or Essay - not exceeding 500 words, must be typewritten or computerized
- Artwork – Size A2 to A3; May be in the form of (but not limited to) digital art, painting, charcoal, pencil, paper art, photo collage, etc.
- Entries must have the theme “Three Things I like about Fully Booked”. This theme is inspired by Fully Booked Fort’s upcoming 3rd anniversary.
- All submissions must be original works. Fully Booked shall be exempt from any and all liability in the event that the submission is said to infringe upon the intellectual property rights of another existing work. Submissions that are proven to infringe on intellectual property rights will automatically be disqualified.
- Entries may either be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org, or dropped off at Fully Booked Bonifacio High Street. Video formats can be saved in a CD.
- The entry must be submitted with a duly accomplished Book Grab entry form which can be downloaded from http://fullybookedonline.com/bookgrab. The Book Grab entry form is also available in Fully Booked Bonifacio High Street.
- Entries will be accepted from June 15, 2010- July 15, 2010 only.
- Among all the submitted entries, The Fully Booked committee shall choose only the following number of winners per format:
- Two (2) from Video
- Two (2) from Artwork
- One (1) from Poem or Essay
- Fully Booked will notify the chosen winners via email and phone call. A back-up of five (5) entries shall be selected in the event that any or all of the initially chosen winners cannot join the race for any reason whatsoever.
- Once a confirmation has been received from the five (5) official contestants, the announcement of winners will be made via the e-Zine, website, Facebook and Twitter.
- The decision of Fully Booked shall be deemed final and cannot be contested.
- Book Grab slots are non-transferable and may not be converted to cash.
- Fully Booked shall not shoulder transportation and accommodation for contestants.
- A formal briefing of the contestants shall be scheduled prior to the event. If a contestant cannot join the briefing for any reason whatsoever, he/she will be automatically disqualified from joining the race.
- The race will be held on July 24, 2010 (Saturday) at 4:00pm in the Atrium of Fully Booked Bonifacio High Street.
- The Atrium of Fully Booked Bonifacio High Street will be the main venue for the Book Grab race proper.
- The starting line will be at the main entrance of the store. Once the go signal is given during the race, contestants will start from the entrance and race towards the Atrium to grab as many books as they can.
- Contestants will be given only two (2) minutes.
- Each contestant will be assigned a station where they will check in their grabbed books. Contestants can only check-in at their assigned station.
- Contestants may either use their hands in carrying the books, or use the cart. If they decide to use the cart, they must empty it out on their assigned station.
- Books that do not reach the assigned station once the time is up will no longer be considered.
- Penalties are as follows:
- In the event that a contestant grabs a book from a pile/shelf that is not part of the Book Grab area, he/she will be penalized by way of subtracting two books from his/her pile for every one (1) wrong book taken off the unauthorized shelf/shelves.A total of 3 books will be returned: the unauthorized book, plus two penalty books. The contestant chooses which books shall be removed.
- In the event that a contestant fails to empty out the cart in his/her assigned station, the books inside the cart will not be counted.
- Books that are dropped will no longer be considered. Contestants may not pick them up again.
- Once the time is up, the Fully Booked staff shall proceed in counting the books.
- The host will make the announcement for top grabber
- The top grabber will be the contestant with the most number of points. Points will be counted after the penalties have been deducted.
- One book = 1 point
- An additional bonus point will be given for every book with a special sticker on the cover.
- All contestants of the race get to keep their books.
- On top of the books, the Top Grabber gets to take home special prizes from sponsors.